The vascular system is absolutely essential to our wellness as individuals. The vascular system encompasses everything related to our arteries and veins. Vascular surgeons are specially trained in this area to manage vascular conditions through medical therapy, minimally invasive catheter procedures and surgical interventions.
The vascular surgeon at Manhattan Medical is a board-certified specialist that is very up to date on the newest procedures in vascular medicine. He has superior technical skills that make him a sought-after vascular surgeon and allow him to perform some extremely complicated procedures in patients that would have otherwise had limited options.
Vascular Surgery Services
Manhattan Medical offers a full compliment of surgical, non-surgical and minimally invasive diagnostic and treatment options for vascular conditions. Following are the most common:
• Nuclear perfusion imaging
• Pulse volume recordings (PVRs)
• Carotid ultrasound
• Peripheral ultrasound
Minimally Invasive/Invasive Therapies:
• Carotid endarterectomy
• Drug therapy
• Endovascular stent-grafts and catheters
• Gene and endovascular therapy
• Pressure sensor implantation for monitoring aortic aneurysm after repair
• Endolaser ablation for varicose veins
• Sclerotherapy for spider veins
• Surgery for dialysis access
Vascular Surgery Conditions
There are a multitude of conditions, which affect the blood vessels (arteries, veins, and lymphatics). Following are some of the most common seen by Manhattan Medical’s vascular surgeon.
• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
• Carotid artery disease
• Cerebrovascular disease
• Ischemia (limbs)
• Lymphatic disease
• Peripheral artery disease
• Thoracic aortic aneurysm
• Varicose veins and spider veins
Vascular Surgery Treatment
If you have been diagnosed with or think you may have a vascular condition, please call Manhattan Medical today to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.
M. Mutyala, MD