At some time in their life, many people will have need to see a neurologist which is a medical doctor that specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and management of disorders that affect the brain and nervous system. At Manhattan Medical, the neurologist works collaboratively with the other physicians to provide comprehensive care to each individual patient. If a patient has a neurologic disorder, often the neurologist serves as their principal care provider.
Manhattan Medical offers a plethora of tests and treatments for neurological disorders. Following are some of the most common.
• Cerebral spinal fluid analysis (Spinal Tap or Lumbar Puncture)
• Computerized tomography or computer-assisted tomography (CT or CAT scan)
• Electroencephalogram (EEG)
• Electromyogram including nerve conduction study (EMG)
• Evoked potentials
• Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
• Sleep studies
• Transcranial Doppler (TCD)
• Nonsurgical treatment for neurological conditions
While there are varying degrees of diseases and conditions that require the expertise of a neurologist, following are some of the most common.
• Alzheimer’s Disease
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
• Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder
• Back Pain
• Brain and Spinal Tumors
• Cerebral Palsy
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Myasthenia Gravis
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Restless Legs Syndrome
• Sleep Apnea
• Traumatic Brain Injury
If you have been diagnosed with or think you may have a neurological condition, please call Manhattan Medical today to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.
E. Oribe, MD