A general surgeon focuses mainly on addressing disease and conditions in the torso area that require surgery. Dr. Neil Mandava, the general surgeon at Manhattan Medical has an additional expertise in oncological surgery; surgery that addresses cancer. He works closely with the other disciplines such as gastroenterology, internal medicine and cardiology to ensure patients receive through and accurate care as well as post-surgical follow-up.
General Surgery Services
There are many general surgery procedures offered by Manhattan Medical. Following are the most common performed by our surgeon.
• Surgery of the alimentary tract (esophagus, stomach, small bowel, large bowel)
• Surgery of the abdomen and its contents
• Surgery to remove/treat cancer
• Cholecysectomy (gallbladder removal)
• Gallbladder repair
• Lizzy … can you expand here? This is all I had from our conversation and there are such a large number of general surgery procedures he could do.
General Surgery Conditions
There are hundreds of diseases and conditions that require the expertise of a general surgeon. Manhattan Medical’s general surgeon, Dr. Neil Mandava, focuses particularly on the surgical management of various types of cancer. However he does perform other general surgery procedures to address urgent as well as chronic conditions that affect areas of the body in the torso.
General Surgery Treatment
If you have been diagnosed with or think you may have a disease or condition that requires general surgery, please call Manhattan Medical today to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.
N. Mandava, MD